Thursday, 15 September 2011

What Molly Ringwald taught me.

 
The ingredients of sushi.
"Rice, raw fish and sea-weed."


That The Rave-Ups are a very, very good band.
Molly became a friend of the band and convinced John Hughes to feature them in the movie 'Pretty in Pink'.

     Not all 'richies' are evil.
"You couldn't buy her, though, that's what's killing you, isn't it? Stef? That's it, Stef. She thinks you're shit. And deep down, you know she's right."

Bad boys are hot.
In 'The Breakfast Club' Molly's character Claire hooks up with the class rebel, John Bender. She fights her way through his tough and grungey exterior and finds the sweet core within. She also teaches us that bad boys are super-duper-fine and even though they might sneak a look at our panties underneath a table they really do have hearts.

 Buy a dress, don't make one.
Come on, as much as I love the idea of making your own clothes, that dress she wore at the end of 'Pretty in Pink' really did suck.

   If you get an exchange student living with you, don't take him to a party.
"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food."

  Don't give your pants to a nerd.
Or do, but if he's charging entry make sure you get a 10% cut of the profits.

  How to dance.
 Whenever I go out I always try to channel Molly Ringwald through my moves.

  Chicks cannot handle their smoke.
Get some practice in before you smoke a joint in front of the guy you deny having the hots for but totally do.

  Get a job in a record store.
You get to listen to music all day and try on sunglasses. Easy peasy.

 Wear one earring and have a really goofy smile.
   And don't forget to date a guy that looks just like Anthony Michael Hall.

4 comments:

French Toast Sunday said...

I LOVE Molly Ringwald and all her brat pack movies. This list is pretty sweet, and I especially agree with not making your own dress.. she should have kept with the original one her friend gave her. Oh, and John Bender was so dreamy back in the day.

-Jess

The Mike said...

She taught me that gingers are hot. Which is basically a law of my life now. :)

Ashton King said...

I love this so much! 80s movies, especially hers, are awesome. The Breakfast Club is like a guilty pleasure for me.

Hazel said...

I LOVE. YOUR. BLOG.
Definitely following you forever now!